Mark Crislip, MD has been a practicing Infectious Disease specialist in Portland, Oregon, since 1990. He is responsible for the:
- Quackcast, a skeptical review of supplements and complementary and alternative medicine (SCAM) which won the People’s Choice Podcast Award for best Health and Fitness podcast three years in a row
- The Persiflagers Annotated Compendium of Infectious Disease Facts, Dogma and Opinion, a guide to infectious diseases available online (free) or an iOs/Android app (paid)
- the Persiflagers Infectious Disease Puscast, a podcast review of infectious diseases
- Rubor, Dolor, Calor, Tumor, an Infectious Disease blog
- The Puswhisperer. A collection of the first years ID blog entries. On Amazon
- the Society for Science-Based Medicine podcast
- A Gobbet ‘o Pus, a podcast repeat of Rubor, Dolor, Calor, Tumor
He edited a 12 volume e-book collection of the Science-Based Medicine blog entries, available on Amazon, Nook and iTunes.
He is a founder and the President of the Society for Science-Based Medicine where he blogs under the name sbmsdictator.
He has been voted a US News and World Report best US doctor, best ID doctor in Portland Magazine multiple times, has multiple teaching awards and, most importantly, the ‘Attending Most Likely To Tell It Like It Is’ by the medical residents at his hospital.
His growing multi-media empire can be found at edgydoc.com.
Dr. Crislip’s ScienceBasedMedicine.org posts are archived here. To the great loss of skepticism, but to the great gain of golf courses everywhere, in June, 2017 Dr. Crislip decided to
abandon us to the wolves focus on other things. His wit and wisdom will be missed.
Disclaimer: Since the US has 30% of the world’s lawyers, no one should take any of Dr. Crislip’s writing as medical advice. It is for educational purposes only. The opinions in his posts are, of course, his and his alone. The posts are written in what little spare time he has, late at night or in the early hours of the morning while his family sleeps.